The hospitality industry is rebounding from the challenge of past years with higher occupancy, higher average daily rates and increase food & beverage revenue. Hospitality’s future is bright. But that future contains new challenges; a few being increased sources of bookings, wide differences in guest expectations, and digital of outlets for guests to instantly review their stay and effect a properties reputation: positively or negatively.
MASSBITS serves the hospitality industry in two areas: Backoffice information technology services and guest information technology services. In the hotel backoffice, we can help with:
- Property Management Systems
- Networking and Wireless
- Key-lock Systems
- Points-of-Sale Systems and Credit Card Systems
- Telephone Systems
- Desktop and Computer Support
- Accounting\Payroll Systems
Facebook, Twitter, Yelp and dozens of other portals stream approvals or disappointments, based on any guests’ whim. While this is certain to create risk to any property’s reputation, it also creates an opportunity; by providing key digital services target to technically inclined guests (who are most likely to review online) they are more likely to enjoy their stay and share their experience. These may include:
- A properly deployed wireless solution that does not degrade when many users connect like most hotel wireless systems do.
- Common area chargers for mobile devices like iPads.
- In remote A/V dock options for mobile devices.
- Promotions for social media usage or “check-ins”.